10 Best Poets Of All Time
Will Dockery
2010-11-08 09:24:44 UTC
10 Best Poets Of All Time
http://web.archive.org/web/20030404083510/musea.digitalchainsaw.com/9...
The Greeks called the poet a maker ("poet" is from 'Poiein' to make)
The English call him a seer (see-er)
- F.J. Sheed
Poetry is so broad an art form -epics, plays, scripture, novels, song
lyrics, philosophical treatises and essays, romantic poetry, nonsense
and children's verse, etc. etc. etc. - that to say you don't like
poetry is to say you don't much care for literature ...art ...thinking
and feeling ...or ...life!
- Art S Revolutionary
My Muse,
like Cyrano,
whispers
what to do.
Let's celebrate the best of the best! Here's Musea's picks for the 10
best poets of all time (and remember good poetry is not bad poetry)
with perhaps a surprise or two for you. Also included in this POETRY
issue is a listing of contenders - either great poets that I love with
a passion, or great poets that I respect but don't much care for. Plus
our list of the best contemporary poets and more examples of the
newest 'form' of poetry, the "quatro'.
-Tom Hendricks
--
Will Dockery, Folk Rock / Blues / Experimental:http://www.myspace.com/willdockery
While this is a bit more substantial than the Barbara's Cat list we
were treated to the other week, it suffers from one of the latter's
problems even moreso: while it's a list meant for an English-speaking
audience, it's a list of poets who didn't write in English and who
that audience therefore can't read. Reading translations is not the
same thing -- unless the great poet's poems had a great translator
into English, the English reader is not going to be reading great
poems from him or her.
If one had to pick out a list of best poets for an English-speaking
audience, it should be a list of English-speaking poets. It's not that
Shakespeare
Herrick
Milton
Donne
Coleridge
Keats
Tennyson
Kipling
Pound
Frost
Or even ten that even I am familiar with:

Allen Ginsberg
Dylan Thomas
Gregory Corso
Anne Waldman
Robert Frost
Edgar Allen Poe
Ezra Pound
W.B. Yeats
Patti Smith
Leonard Cohen

Will Dockery
2010-11-12 14:56:59 UTC
On the way to somewhere else, looking for something else (3 guesses
what) I came across this quite nifty collection of links to Usenet
archives of some of my earlier poetry, worth a look, and worth re-
establishing in the archives. Comment & critique welcomed, as usual:

Dream Tears:
http://tinyurl.com/2dtrb

Left Handed Summer:
http://tinyurl.com/29u63

Tuesday With Little Spain:
http://tinyurl.com/2295w

Shadowville Ballet:
http://tinyurl.com/23hza

Elephant Girl On Rankin:
http://tinyurl.com/2r7th

Opera Positions:
http://tinyurl.com/27kvm

Self Portrait:
http://tinyurl.com/36tcw

Combat Zone:
http://tinyurl.com/yvsbb

Looking Over The Bridge:
http://tinyurl.com/2b5ze

Mirror Twins:
http://tinyurl.com/2rj5t

Eating Rainbows For Breakfast:
http://tinyurl.com/34k5z

A Convolution In Her:
http://tinyurl.com/22von

Chapter One In This Compacted Book:
http://tinyurl.com/373u7

Spirit Song Horses:
http://tinyurl.com/2gdjx

Even As In Morning:
http://tinyurl.com/yqkap

Fawn Greyhound:
http://tinyurl.com/2xuyh

Ritual Memory:
http://tinyurl.com/24zdd

Skirt Of Printed Sunflowers:
http://tinyurl.com/22o7f

Retouched Evil:
http://tinyurl.com/27onq

Invasion Of The Warrior Lords:
http://tinyurl.com/3c4dz

Gold Like A Broken Ring:
http://tinyurl.com/2e9wp

Green Ringlets:
http://tinyurl.com/2yho6

Salt Ripple:
http://tinyurl.com/25632

And btw, thanks in advance.

"But, truly, I have wept too much! The Dawns are heartbreaking. Every
moon is atrocious and every sun bitter." -Arthur Rimbaud

--
Crawford Road Crawl by Dockery-Conley:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1812970
George Dance
2010-11-12 15:58:20 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Even before clicking on one link, I'm already blown away. This is
amazing.

I know where you got the idea, but originality isn't the point here.
The point of the idea was to use it, and no one has used it as
comprehensively as you.

There's one more thing that you need, and I took the liberty of doing
it for you.

http://tinyurl.com/will-dockery-2010

That's a link to the google archived version of this message of yours
that I'm replying to. That gives you a Home Page: it's a link you can
give out in sigs, on your blog, etc. Suddenly you have a poetry
website, with google having done most of the work.

If you ever want to add a poem or otherwise change your home page,
that's as easy as posting a new Usenet message, making a new tinyurl,
and using that instead.

It's a great way to make all one's poetry easily readable. I'd
challenge all the (self-, clique-, or otherwise) proclaimed poets
posting here (and in this case here can mean any poetry group on
Usenet) to do the same.
Will Dockery
2010-11-12 18:05:39 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Hey, thanks man... I did make a Facebook page of it, which I assume is
visible to anyone. Never know with Facebook on that point, though,
what they "allow" the outside worldwideweb to see:
--
Poetry Archive (Part One) / Will Dockery:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/will-dockery/poetry-archive-part-one-will-dockery/464151089801
Hi Corey
2010-11-12 19:19:10 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Hey, thanks man... I did make a Facebook page of it, which I assume is
visible to anyone. Never know with Facebook on that point, though,
If you understood Facebook, you would know that what is or is not
allowed is of legal concern, a matter of law. To understand, you need
to learn about the law. Maybe I can help a little. We'll see.
Tom Hendricks
Maybe we should have a poetry FACEBOOK group. Can you do that?
b***@cruziocafe.com
2010-11-17 18:41:26 UTC
Post by Tom Hendricks
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
moon is atrocious and every sun bitter." -Arthur Rimbaud
--
Crawford Road Crawl by Dockery-Conley:http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1812970
Maybe we should have a poetry FACEBOOK group. Can you do that?
There is already a Facebook edition of rec.arts.poems

-blue
Will Dockery
2010-11-18 10:17:45 UTC
Post by b***@cruziocafe.com
Post by Tom Hendricks
Post by Will Dockery
Post by b***@cruziocafe.com
Post by Tom Hendricks
Maybe we should have a poetry FACEBOOK group. Can you do that?
There is already a Facebook edition of rec.arts.poems
It seems to be a closed, "private" group, which is the opposite of
what rec.arts.poems and Usenet in general are all about.

--
Black Crow's Brother (Gini Woolfolk-Will Dockery):
http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/4926102
Hi Corey
2010-11-18 10:34:42 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by b***@cruziocafe.com
Post by Tom Hendricks
Post by Will Dockery
Post by b***@cruziocafe.com
Post by Tom Hendricks
Maybe we should have a poetry FACEBOOK group. Can you do that?
There is already a Facebook edition of rec.arts.poems
It seems to be a closed, "private" group, which is the opposite of
what rec.arts.poems and Usenet in general are all about.
Exactly. The people who used to meet to discuss poetry in
rec.arts.poems needed to find a place to continue their discussion
that didn't include the likes of you. The question you might ask
yourself is why. Why would anybody think your presence an inhibition
to interactive exchange?

Answer: You don't contribute. You take. To contribute means to
offer freely; to put your two cents into the pot; to just 'put it out
there' for the betterment of the group. You don't do that. You don't
ever do anything here without expecting, demanding, 'credit' in
return. These people are your literary, if not your literal,
betters. They're educated, and know a lot more about poetry, words,
and word useage than you do; maybe more than you ever will. They owe
you nothing. Not only have you taken from them the place they used to
call home, you took them entirely for granted in the process. No
wonder they left, and reconstituted elsewhere.
Will Dockery
2010-11-18 10:50:04 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by b***@cruziocafe.com
Post by Tom Hendricks
Post by Will Dockery
Post by b***@cruziocafe.com
Post by Tom Hendricks
Maybe we should have a poetry FACEBOOK group. Can you do that?
There is already a Facebook edition of rec.arts.poems
It seems to be a closed, "private" group, which is the opposite of
what rec.arts.poems and Usenet in general are all about.
Exactly.  The people who used to meet to discuss poetry in
rec.arts.poems needed to find a place to continue their discussion
that didn't include the likes of you.
That's fine with me, I prefer it here.

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

http://books.google.com/books?id=zjPYX7K7bWIC&lpg=PP1&dq=%22superfolks%22&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false
Hi Corey
2010-11-18 11:20:32 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
That's fine with me, I prefer it here.
If that were true, I wouldn't take issue. The fact is that you hate
it where you are. It's familiar and comfortable, but you take little
solace in friendships that are really no more substantive more than
semi-regular acquaintanceships; people you recognize, and who
recognize you enough to share perfunctory cordialities. Don't forget,
I know your 'friends', Will. You feel out of it; left behind; stuck
in a place you haven't the skill, education, or training to get
yourself out of. You don't "prefer" it where you are; you're simply
running out of choices, and chances to change things for yourself.
Peter J Ross
2010-11-24 18:41:36 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 02:17:45 -0800 (PST),
Post by Will Dockery
Post by b***@cruziocafe.com
There is already a Facebook edition of rec.arts.poems
It seems to be a closed, "private" group,
Gee, I wonder why?
PJR :-)
Will Dockery
2010-11-17 20:01:03 UTC
Post by Tom Hendricks
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Tom Hendricks
Maybe we should have a poetry FACEBOOK group. Can you do that?
Tom, we have a Facebook version of alt.arts.poetry.comments up, it
would be great to have you join us:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=620409362#!/group.php?gid=105463832836304
Hi Corey
2010-11-17 21:08:40 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Tom Hendricks
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Tom Hendricks
Maybe we should have a poetry FACEBOOK group. Can you do that?
Tom, we have a Facebook version of alt.arts.poetry.comments up, it
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=105463832836304
Please explain why, Will. It would seem there is little enough
traffic in any of the groups you've cross-posted to, and even less on
the aapc Facebook site. Why would you want to divert what little
attention Usenet poetry gets to someplace that gets less attention?
There are an abumdance of poetry resources available on the web, and
more than a few decent discussion forums. The aapc Facebook site is
neither of those. What is your interest in seeing people leave here,
and go there?
Peter J Ross
2010-11-24 18:43:08 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 17 Nov 2010 12:01:03 -0800 (PST),
Post by Will Dockery
Tom, we have a Facebook version of alt.arts.poetry.comments up, it
Seconded.

Goodbye, both of you. Don't bother sending us Xmas cards.
PJR :-)
Will Dockery
2010-11-12 21:05:55 UTC
Post by George Dance
Even before clicking on one link, I'm already blown away. This is
amazing.
Click on one, you'll really be blown away.
By snipping the post, you've accidentally misrepresented George's
[...]
Usenet) to do the same.> "But, truly, I have wept too much! The Dawns are heartbreaking. Every
Post by George Dance
[...]

"Shadowville Speedway" CD on Artemis Records:
http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockeryconley.html
Hi Corey
2010-11-12 21:18:14 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Even before clicking on one link, I'm already blown away. This is
amazing.
Click on one, you'll really be blown away.
By snipping the post, you've accidentally misrepresented George's
That's simply not true. I am still able to discern George's meaning
perfectly well, as are you. Likewise, I am able to discern what Gary
meant, and that it was no accident, as are you. Thus, by snipping the
post in the manner he did, both meanings and intentions are seen in
context of one another, as is yours. So, what do you think I'm doing
here?
George Dance
2010-11-13 05:57:47 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by George Dance
Even before clicking on one link, I'm already blown away. This is
amazing.
Click on one, you'll really be blown away.
By snipping the post, you've accidentally misrepresented George's
That's simply not true.  I am still able to discern George's meaning
perfectly well
Oh, by all means, tell us what all what I mean. I'm looking forward to
it.
Likewise, I am able to discern what Gary
meant
OK; when you're done with telling us what I meant, then you can tell
us what "Gary" meant.
Thus, by snipping the
post in the manner he did, both meanings and intentions are seen in
context of one another
Maybe they will be. You first have to explain what you think those
meanings are.
So, what do you think I'm doing
here?
I think you're trying to defend "Gary's" snipping by making a lot of
dubious claims. But, hey, I could be wrong -- you could have very good
reasons for concluding that. Of course, one would have to hear your
reasons to know that.
Will Dockery
2010-11-15 18:26:46 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
No wait, dockery is your online friend,
that must mean that you just love everything he writes.
Maybe you should feature him on your blog.
George has "featured" one of my poems on his blog:

--
Ganesha Girl on Rankin / Will Dockery
http://tinyurl.com/Ganesha-Girl-Dockery
Will Dockery
2010-11-16 21:46:00 UTC
No wait,dockery is your online friend,
But you've also written that I don't have any online friends. One of
those two claims has to be something that you don't even believe
yourself -- IOW, a lie.
that must mean that you just love everything he writes.
That's illogical. You may choose your online friends from only those
who tell you they love everything you write; but that's not out of any
kind of necessity.
Maybe you should feature him on yourblog.
http://tinyurl.com/Ganesha-Girl-Dockery
Thanks, George. I was looking for that link today.

Peter J Ross
2010-11-24 18:28:37 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Fri, 12 Nov 2010 07:58:20 -0800 (PST),
George Dance <***@yahoo.ca> wrote:

<enthusiastic net.cocksucking snipped>

Wait a minute, I thought you and Dreckery both said you were str8?
PJR :-)
Tom Hendricks
2010-11-12 16:07:26 UTC
Will, you might think about starting up your own blog to showcase your
work.
I use wordpress.com - it's free, and ad free, I think.

http://musea.wordpress.com/ It's one cool blog place.
Hi Corey
2010-11-12 16:44:57 UTC
Post by Tom Hendricks
Will, you might think about starting up your own blog to showcase your
work.
I use wordpress.com - it's free, and ad free, I think.
http://musea.wordpress.com/ It's one cool blog place.
The web, and other electronic media provide a plethora of places where
one might disseminate one's world view, and Will has availed himself
of several. The issue at hand is the extent to which his presence
here is detrimental to the group, and to other individuals within the
group. I doubt anyone really cares what he does to himself. His
presence here is offensive in the extreme to those who would have this
place serve as a temple to the written word. Of course, offensiveness
in and of itself is no justification for exclusion. People should be
offended from time to time. It's good for a person. It tests one's
sensibilities. Criminal mischief is another matter entirely. That
will no longer be tolerated here.
Will Dockery
2010-11-12 21:22:13 UTC
Post by Tom Hendricks
Will, you might think about starting up your own blog to showcase your
work.
I use wordpress.com - it's free, and ad free, I think.
http://musea.wordpress.com/ It's one cool blog place.
Yes, I've seen a couple of nice blogs over at wordpress.com, Tom...
going now to view yours, and will probably sign up, myself.

George Dance
2010-11-13 06:49:14 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Tom Hendricks
Will, you might think about starting up your own blog to showcase your
work.
I use wordpress.com - it's free, and ad free, I think.
http://musea.wordpress.com/ It's one cool blog place.
Yes, I've seen a couple of nice blogs over at wordpress.com, Tom...
going now to view yours, and will probably sign up, myself.
Blogger is free as well, and with a very easy startup. It's got some
very attractive templates, like the one I used for my politics blog --

http://gdspoliticalanimal.blogspot.com/

-- (unfortunately, I can't copy The Betty Blog over, as it messes up
a few things; the whole masthead goes wrong, for one - but that's
another story).

As for the google ads that seem to pop up everywhere, they do not have
to pop up on your own blog. You add them if you want them; otherwise
they don't appear. They're a chance to earn some money, but not a
significant amount. I added them to my blogs just to make sure
google's search engines would find and list them, and for the same
reason, even after I got rid of all the commercial ads I still carry
one public service google ad on each one.
Post by Will Dockery
"Shadowville Speedway" CD on Artemis Records:http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockeryconley.html
=z=
2010-11-13 08:53:53 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
--
"Shadowville Speedway" CD on Artemis Records:http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockeryconley.html- Hide quoted text -
and then there were

…”there’s battle lines being drawn
nobody’s right, if everybody’s wrong"…
Will Dockery
2010-11-13 19:40:26 UTC
Post by George Dance
Post by Will Dockery
Will, you might think about starting up your own blog to showcase your work.
I use wordpress.com - it's free, and ad free, I think.
http://musea.wordpress.com/ It's one cool blog place.
Yes, I've seen a couple of nice blogs over at wordpress.com, Tom...
going now to view yours, and will probably sign up, myself.
Blogger is free as well, and with a very easy startup. It's got some
very attractive templates, like the one I used for my politics blog --
http://gdspoliticalanimal.blogspot.com/
I was there the other day, which somehow led me to Gordon Lightfoot...
a quote from you there, I think it was.
Post by George Dance
-- (unfortunately, I can't copy The Betty Blog  over, as it messes up
a few things; the whole masthead goes wrong, for one - but that's
another story).
As for the google ads that seem to pop up everywhere, they do not have
to pop up on your own blog. You add them if you want them; otherwise
they don't appear. They're a chance to earn some money, but not a
significant amount.
Yes, one of those percentage of a cent per hit things? I come across
those from time-to-time, but as you know, it isn't about the money but
for the love of the art, the creation of it (heh... that will bring in
the sneering do-nothings for a sniff, eh?).

Post by George Dance
google's search engines would find and list them,
Yes, whether the others like it or not, or understand it, we should be
interested in finding the widest audience possible.

and for the same
Post by George Dance
reason, even after I got rid of all the commercial ads  I still carry
one public service google ad on each one.
Ah, yes, I believe I saw some heated commentary somewhere on here
about that... but thanks for the info, and meanwhile, I'm scrolling
back to that Tiny.url you posted yesterday for the Poetry Archive post
on Usenet.

--
Post by George Dance
http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockeryconley.html
Peter J Ross
2010-11-24 18:26:32 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Fri, 12 Nov 2010 06:56:59 -0800 (PST),
Post by Will Dockery
On the way to somewhere else, looking for something else (3 guesses
what)
1. Buy-one-get-one-free sixpacks of beer.

2. Shiny quarters in the gutter.

3. A personality other people can endure.

What do I win?
PJR :-)
Will Dockery
2010-11-29 23:01:18 UTC
published
published
Heh... since you "asked", Gary...

Many, or most of these poems were published in Playgrounds Magazine, a
local arts & entertainment zine which I'd been contributing to since
1995, with a regular monthly column since 1998:

http://www.playgroundsmag.com

Facebook page for Playgrounds:

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1738662950401#!/pages/Columbus-GA/Playgrounds-Magazine/138474429683
Will Dockery
2010-12-04 23:17:29 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
There is already a Facebook edition of rec.arts.poems but it seems to be a closed, "private" group,
Gee, I wonder why?
Whatever the reasons, it goes against the very reason the Usenet
newsgroups were created in the first place.

Post by Peter J Ross
[...]

God's Toybox / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:

Peter J Ross
2010-12-05 23:20:39 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:17:29 -0800 (PST),
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Peter J Ross
There is already a Facebook edition of rec.arts.poems but it seems to be a closed, "private" group,
Gee, I wonder why?
Whatever the reasons, it goes against the very reason the Usenet
newsgroups were created in the first place.
Usenet newsgroups were not created to provide wankers like you with a
receptacle for your damp, smelly emissions. Sorry to disappoint you.
PJR :-)
Will Dockery
2010-12-06 04:14:26 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Peter J Ross
There is already a Facebook edition of rec.arts.poems but it seems to be a closed, "private" group,
Gee, I wonder why?
Whatever the reasons, it goes against the very reason the Usenet
newsgroups were created in the first place.
Usenet newsgroups were not created to provide wankers <snip>
Well, you can post here anyway, though, Peter!

[...]
"She Sleeps Tight", vocals by Will Dockery & Sandy Madaris, guitars by
Brian Mallard. Paintings by George Sulzbach.

Will Dockery
2010-12-11 22:54:27 UTC
From the Usenet Archives, "Black Eagle Lady", the first collaboration
ever between Henry Conley & myself, back in 1997. Just a stand-alone
piece singled out by this "tonews.com" portal, interesting in that it
describes people just recently having returned to the scene, Basil
Fitzpatrick of Artemis Records, for example, and Meagan, now a singer
and soon to figure into the 2011 Artemis catalog:

http://www.tonews.com/thread/1567294/alt/magick/chaos/shadowville_tuesday.html

And *your* true self *does* come through? That would make *you* a
Troll *and* an asshole.

No, it would make you one, as was shown earlier with the Troll Roster.

All they Do is lie.

You don't know shit, only what you're told to know by the higher ups
in your little gang of bullies.

I still think this whole thing is a Lie, from your side.

Where do you get that from? You and Jani, and most of all, CIB, seem
to be
in the most pain over this.

And I don't believe you.

She reads what she wants.

Your record's not playing, this attempt of yours is failing, or
haven't you noticed?

Good question... why do they want to hurt? Because they're in pain,
not facing up to their headlong rush to Cronehood, and other troubles.
Plus, they wanted someone to gang up on and bully, Brenda looked like
an easy target, apparently years ago, they took their shots, which
didn't have the desired effect, so they continue taking weak shots, in
a desperate attempt to somehow succeed... but... it's just not
working. Brenda is true, and they're false, hallow Trolls.

No, it's obviously not a game to you, thus the strident and shrill
whimpers of "Liar, liar, lyyyyyyyy-arrrr..." which *is* the Lie. Just
because you

Yet she's unscratched, which you and your gang are battle weary and
dropping like flies. CIB even had to go away for a while. You're
losing, Trolls!

Kate, I feel your pain. *wink*

She's simply stating the possibilities of why you two clash. You have
a thing against Brenda. Could be a simple answer that comes to mind,
but I won't get into that for now. I'll leave the personal attacks to
you and yours... it drags you and your high and mighty stance that
much lower with every cheap shot you make. Good going, Kate! Your
Troll fur is showing...

Seems like it as condescending

Ah, it's not okay for Brenda to be condescending, but it is for you?
Not to mention rude, crude and probably lying out your ass.

You are the fuzzy Troll, Kate, these posts are exposing that really
well.

I don't think so. You yourself seem to be collapsing.

Oh, it's six years, now, huh? Got Google? *grin*

Yeah, the stuff nobody can be bothered to find, right?

That was obvious, Kate.

We aren't pathological liars like you though.

How do we know you're not lying about this? I

I *know* you're a Troll. It's in the Google archives! *chuckle*

And... so do you. That's why you

Got it, loud and clear: you and your slimebag Troll schoolyard bullies
can Lie, cheat, insult, and attempt to drive people away from these
newsgroups, but Brenda has been agreed upon as the person to
persecute. Problem is, none of this is working that well for you.

Obviously. Brenda's strong, and beautiful. Of course this gang of
withered crones hate her. It's obviously straight out of high school,
with the same results. Who's gonna throw the first milk carton in the
lunch room and kick off the food fight?

Well, yeah, I'm here. But the reason this happens is that Brenda's
right... and you are wrong.

Most likely this is out of context. I have a feeling your soul is a
bit tattered at this point.

Thank God for shields. And Ravening.

You see what she wants you to see. Ya'll walked right into the trap.
An

I think it would be called "telling the truth". Something, for all
your bluster, you seem to know nothing about.

More ppl than you have

You're a know-it-all who really knows very little.

The soul got torn, but that happens. It's never pretty to be betrayed
by people you care about. But, that's life on Midgard... they have to
try to tear you down, thinking that'll build them up. The come-uppance
can be brutal, eventually. Well, maybe not my

I wonder who'll be truthful in reply to this..?

Through your warped lens.

Brenda didn't Lie.

There's a reason so many people are against her. It isn't

I think I know the reasons, but I'll save that for now.

No. The bullshit is coming straight from YOU.

But, on a bright note... what they're cooking is falling flat. Someone
left the cake out in the rain.

Or stay in, it's that simple.

lies.

You're a Liar! *grin*

How about people getting what's coming to them in other cases? If
you'll bite down and swallow when yours come around to you, if it
hasn't already?

You have no Truth.

You have a few nifty self-delusions, yourself, you know.

Yep. You "imagine".

They're so upstanding.

Right. Cuts into their space for slander, libel and one line rubbish.

How about the substantiated fact that you're all vicious Trolls?
That's why none of you have any credibility, and most of the readers
ignore your shrill yammering.

That sigh you

You're an idiot. "kate" wrote me that a direct source

*opinion...". Her usual MO. Now she
wants to put up with a

I never knew there was ever a time anyone treated Brenda decently
here. That had to have been way before I showed up, since this thing
was going strong when I got here, with various degrees of nastiness
from your group over the months. Your attempts to drive Brenda away
haven't worked, and, at this point, I don't see how they can work. In
RL, I would certainly hope you two would stay far away from each
other.

you look. Is this why
you.

There's a lot of blackness, that's just the way things are, and I
don't hide from it, in RL. I find comfort in the blackness, at this
point. But there are glimmerings of light from time to time, and I
cling to those moments, and let go when the time is right. Sometimes
it gets so bright I have to wear shades.

is, you'd say that you won't, so there ya go.

I know she's Brenda, and I know she's a nice lady, who holds up to
persecution pretty well. I'm not sure how many of you could hold up to
the years of savage abuse your group have put her through. I don't
agree that these alleged "Lies" justify the judgement and punishment
you and your cronies have heaped upon her for years. She's strong, and
apparently getting stronger, and graceful enough to respond to this
with a wink and a smile, seeing it for the absurd obsession it is.

doubt that.

I know what you claim to be, what you appear to be. I have no idea
what you really are, in Real Life. But, you're right, I don't pay that
much attention. There's not much reason, you're just not that
interesting, sorry. Maybe in past years you've been more interesting,
as Jani and Trevor might have been, but you're all down to nothing
more than Brenda Bashing, is the way you're percieved, these days.

Thanks, I'll do with that what I can. I do what I do and the
perceptions of me are what you and the others will have to create.
It's all there, make of me what you wish, I'll still be Will Dockery
at the end of the story. BTW being Will Dockery was pretty wierd last
night. I started my set around midnight, after Glaz Wind (featuring
the comeback kid Clyde Baker and Basil Fitzpatrick, the rocket
scientist of guitar) and we went into "Black Eagle Lady",

Black Eagle Lady. (E,G & F)

Lady's walking down South Seale Road,
I hope she get there soon.
Lady's walking down South Seale Road,
I hope she get there soon.
She sees the flashing dollar signs,
under a pale green moon.

Blame it on silk sheets and a silver blanket,
or a valentine I did not buy.
Blame it on silk sheets or a silver blanket,
or a valentine I did not buy.
I don't know her touch,
and I still don't know why.

Her hair, black as a crow,
be careful, though, stones she throws.
Her hair, black as a crow,
be careful, though, stones she throws.
Teeth like a timberworlf, that's me,
spirit of the eagle, she's free.

Ev'ry little word you speak,
my good sweet friend.
Ev'ry little word you speak,
my good sweet friend.
It comes straight through
from your mind to my mind,
clear across that dirty river.

Lady's walking down South Seale Road,
I hope she get there soon.
Lady's walking down South Seale Road,
I hope she get there soon.
She sees flashing dollar signs,
underneath a pale green moon.

-Will Dockery (for the Dark Queen)

one of the best versions ever, was how it seemed to be percieved,
onstage and off--- big thanks to the band, Henry Conley's always
snapping guitar, and the double percussion of Dorundo Jenkins and the
congas of Michael Mason [back after nearly a year]--- it was hitting
well. At the end of the song, Meagan, the bartender ran up to the
stage, crying and splattered with blood. Out in the parking lot, while
we were doing our song, a couple of the bouncers were attempting to
run some guys off after being kicked out, the guys turned on them, and
sliced them up with broken beer bottles. I announced from the stage,
something like:

"We go off to a war on the other side of the world, but the war is
here! On our streets, we don't need any outside enemies, we're killing
EACH OTHER!"

Then we went into "Hazel", with Dorundo's brilliant whistle and drum
opening, and I sang it for sad Lady Katherine. And everyone quietly
looked into the abyss, as cops and ambulances pulled into the front
parking lot. We ended the song, and quickly ducked out the side door
by the stage, and into alley, into the darkness.

Seems like it sometimes. And, I've written before, I hate playground
bullies. Thus, this fight.

To be Continued.
----

And indeed it is continuing, 13 years later...

--
Red Lipped Stranger / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:

Will Dockery
2010-12-08 20:18:51 UTC
Scroll down to posts #27 or #29 to name two places I see immediately
in the thread where my review of "Trick Of Light" is located.
I think I've found it!
Easier just to hit the link I provided several days ago, PJR...Karla's
"Trick of Light" poem and my commentary on it:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/fc623b90123c508b?hl=en

Thanks for reading and commenting, though!

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery & friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2010-12-09 14:29:55 UTC
How's about critiquing my hogleg?
Will Dockery
2010-12-09 15:23:57 UTC
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
How's about critiquing my hogleg?
Is that a poem?
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/fc623b90123c508b?hl=en
--
Dream Tears by Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:

Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2010-12-10 17:27:49 UTC
No, it's my penis.
Will Dockery
2010-12-10 17:48:16 UTC
"Will Dockery" wrote in message
Post by Colonel Edmund J. Burke
How's about critiquing my hogleg?
Is that a poem?
No, it's my penis.
Well, no thanks, then!

<topic restored>
Will Dockery
2010-12-13 19:56:51 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/fc623b90123c508b?hl=en
Wow, eventually a working link!
Yes... this is my holiday gift for you, now... enjoy!
--
Will Dockery: Rock / Blues / Folk Rock
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Peter J Ross
2010-12-13 20:46:32 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:56:51 -0500, Will
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/fc623b90123c508b?hl=en
Wow, eventually a working link!
Yes... this is my holiday gift for you, now... enjoy!
I did enjoy - more than you could possibly understand without becoming
reasonably intelligent and literate.
PJR :-)
Will Dockery
2010-12-13 23:46:57 UTC
Post by Peter J Ross
Post by Will Dockery
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.poems/msg/fc623b90123c508b?hl=en
Yes... this is my holiday gift for you, now... enjoy!
I did enjoy
That's great, pal!

Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2010-12-14 01:26:04 UTC
I'm crazy for manbutt!
Will Dockery
2011-09-24 15:48:31 UTC
Ganesha Girl on Rankin / Will Dockery

A poem I wrote, inspired by the downtown scene of 1995-96, & a little
gallery an artist friend of mine, Mark Coile had in part of what is now
Uptown Tap, which looks into Rankin Courtyard.

http://tinyurl.com/Ganesha-Girl-Dockery